Hello Everyone, For today we cater for all the sweet toothies out there (me included), This smoothy is healthy as well as enough to satisfy those taste buds, When the craving hits and I don’t want to eat only unhealthy snacks, which I know is much easier to do, this is what I have replaced snacking on sweet things with,
It’s sweet enough, healthy and filling.. Give it a try.
Chocolate Mint Smoothy
- 1 Scoop Plant Based Protein Powder
- 1 Table Spoon Cacao Powder
- 1-1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Zuccini
- 1/4 Avo
- 3 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 Table Spoon of Cacao or Chocolate Nibs to Top The Smoothy With
Some Interesting Facts About Cacao
Cacao has many many health benefits, From Mood Improving to Preventing Pre Mature Aging, It also boosts your energy, protects the Heart, prevents Cardiovascular Disease and Glowing Skin with approved Skin Texture.
- Mood Improver : Cacao contains a compound called Anandamide, this is known as the bliss molecule which creates the feeling of Euphoria.
- Aphrodisiac : Cacao also contains the compound “PEA” (Phenethylamine) which promotes the “feel Good” Hormone.
- Protects the Heart and Prevents Cardiovascular Disease : Raw Cacao may protect against Cardiovascular Disease by reducing the risk of stroke, It also improves blood circulation.
- Prevents Premature Aging : Polyphenol Antioxidants found in cacao belongs to the same group of antioxidants as red wine and green tea, these Anthocyanins and Catechins protect our cells from premature Oxidation or Destruction and keeps us looking and feeling younger longer.
- Energy Booster and Combat Fatique : Cacao has one of the highest concentrations of Magnesium found in a natural food source, Magnesium also helps to protect against Osteoporosis, reduces type 2 Diabetes and Lowers Blood Pressure.
- Glowing Skin and Improve Skin Texture : The 2006 Journal of Nutrition found in woman who drank Cacao with at least 326mg of flavonols a day had better skin texture, improved Microcirculation, Increased Oxygen Saturation and Skin Hydration.
Part of this blogs purpose is to also assist People and Animals in need, We have a pup that needs an urgent ear operation, the owner is a single lady with not much support, she has been saving for this operation but things are getting much worst at this stage, If you can support my blog by assisting with a small donation to help out, I would appreciate greatly, it will enable me to help her take her pup in as soon as possible.